Jan 12, 2011

Small Fry's Sew Along: January Welcome Snowman



I am starting something new here at Small Fry & Co-a Sew Along project.  This gives readers a chance to sew a project along with me over a few days.  Each day of the sew along new steps and instructions will be given (kinda like taking a class I guess).  I know you could just wait and do the whole thing after the entire tutorial is posted but some of us need day by day motivation or otherwise this will just become another idea in our "To Do" pile.  So join me this month as we sew this cute Snowman Welcome decoration.  The sew along will begin on Monday Jan 17th.  (I've included a button for those that would like to post it one their blogs to spread the word about the sew along).



I'm posting your materials list today to give you time to gather supplies for Monday.
Materials
1 piece of muslin or white sturdy fabric 18 1/4 x 32” (if you want a fatter snowman plan for more)
Stuffing (batting or foam chips)
Beans, rice or wheat to create weight in the bottom
Black, white, and orange embroidery floss
Orange felt
Dowel-7/16 x 48 Cut into two 24" pieces 
Felt or fleece for coat 20 x 60” (includes enough to make hat of the same color)
44 x 8” piece of fabric for scarf and mittens
36” piece of ribbon or string for hanger
Hanger decorations including clothes pins
1 piece of foam core board 9 1/2 x 7 1/2" (yours could be what ever size you want)
Spray paint for sign stick and sign board (I used chalk spray paint for my sign) and clothes pins
Hot Glue

If you have a question about any of the supplies leave a comment or shoot me an e-mail.  Will look forward to Monday.
To go right to the instructions click here:

 



Pin It!
Print Friendly and PDF

6 comments:

  1. SO cute!! What did you use for the chalkboard?
    Thanks for doing this cute project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry i forgot to add that to the materials list-it is there now. It is a piece of foam core board that I sprayed with chalk board spray paint

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute. Hope I can come along!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is darling! The black and white really makes it glamorous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! Thanks for auditioning for American Crafter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute! I <3 snowmen!
    happy crafting!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...